- What is Shadowsocks?It is a protocol with added security improvement and packet hiding function based on Socks 5. Compared to the conventional VPN, it is less effected by the internet censorship, is high-speed, and stable communication is possible. UCSS uses the latest version of Shadowsocks and ShadowsocksR.
- What is a CN2-compatible server?It is a line developed by China Telecom, which refers to an ultra high speed line that connects directly to Chinese internet providers without going through other servers. Because it is connected directly, it can communicate with high speed and low Ping value. Imagine the usual internet as an ordinary road and the CN2 line as a highway. Due to the cost, general VPN providers are not commonly used.
- In what order should I register?You should first create an account at undercurrentss.com, then select a plan and manage your payment from the account set up page. UCSS can be used immediately after the payment has gone through.
- Can I not carry over the excess packets?Unfortunately it is not possible to carry over excess packets. Packet restrictions are set up so that the usage time for each account is one month.
- Can I switch from a 3 month plan to a 1 year plan?Changes to plans cannot be made once it has been purchased. Please purchase the 1 year plan after the 3 month plan has expired.
- Are there any free trial periods? Can I get a refund if I am not satisfied?UCSS does not offer trial periods to ensure the security of the IP address. In addition, due to the nature of the service, refunds are not accepted except for the reason that you were not completely connected.
- Are there any affiliates available?Yes. We offer affiliates. If you have not created an account please contact support.
- When is customer support available?UCSS mainly offers support through a ticket system. We promise to reply within 12 hours on weekdays and within 24 hours on holiday except for special cases.
- How do I reply/send a support ticket?You can raise a support ticket with our UCSS team will reply through the account page. Requests, sent through the confirmation email address will not be accepted. Please raise a support ticket from the account page.
- Can I pay with Alipay or Wechat Pay?UCSS also supports payment with Alipay, Wechat Pay.
- What is Global Plan?We provide this plan for who want to use the Internet freely from Internet censorship areas without China, want to use public Wi-Fi securely, for those who want to use IP of each country. There are twice bigger data traffic then China route plan and also some server supports Torrent.
- What is the speed of UCSS?We are working for reducing the stress of the Internet in regulated areas as much as possible. We think very important about speed and Ping (server response speed), and all servers used in UCSS are premium server( Available in 1Gbps dedicated bandwidth server) that direct route to China. Youtube and other streaming videos ensure the speed with which you can watch without problems on the slow Internet.
Which server can I use?Our basic plan are available in Japan (5 nodes), Hong Kong (4 nodes), Korea (2 nodes), US (2 nodes), UK (1 node), Taiwan (1 node), Singapore (1 node), Wien (1 node), Russia (1 node) and Germany (1 node).
- Up to how many devices can be connected simultaneously?The number of simultaneously connected devices will be limited to 3. Since the risk of IP blocking will increase along with the number of terminals being used, a maximum number of connected units is provided.
- Does it support Netflix?It does. Several servers support video sites such as Netflix. Please see the server list after applying for details.
- Is there a possibility of not getting any connections whilst in China?There is a possibility to lose connection in China. However, we work alongside companies that operate hundreds of servers in China, and we are always prepared for all possible situations.
- How should I choose my server?All servers of UCSS are optimized for the top 3 internet providers in China, so you can chose the one you personally prefer. However, if you do experience slow speeds for any reason, please try changing the server location that you are using.
- Why are there websites I can't access through Korean servers?Even though it is not as strict as China, Korea does have some internet restrictions. Restrictions are placed on adult sites and others nominated websites.
- Do you support online game, LINE and KakaoTalk?Yes. Although it is necessary to download the proxy tool, it supports almost all software regardless of UDP or TCP.
- Do you support Internet sharing from macOS and Windows?Yes, It corresponds. For details, we refer to our tutorial page for each OS.
- What should I do when I can not connect?On the premise that the Internet connects normally, first check the remaining traffic data from the client area → service. Next, please confirm whether the setting of the application is set to global (Global) or Proxy mode. If you still can not connect, please contact support.
- Do you keep track of the user's traffic records?UCSS does not record or hold any data on who visits which website, or when and which server was used. We only record the total packet usage of each account.
- How do you manage the account information?We contract with WHMCS which are the most reliable hosting platform in the world. All data on your accounts is encrypted and will not be transferred to any third parties under any circumstances. Accounts that have not been used for more than 3 months are deleted on a regular basis.
- Is the safety of the communication guaranteed?To support your safety, we have decided to select the strongest encryption AES–256. In addition, due to the usage of the latest SSR with authentication, it makes it possible to communicate while securing high levels of safety.
- Is social login secure?We do not correct or analyze any SNS login information. Also, the content to apply for permission to SNS is the same as when creating a account with Email. Compare with the password, it can be said safer than email account. You can choose to register by email or SNS according to your preference.