Supported OS: macOS 10.11+
Compatible devices: MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro
How to set up ShadowsocksX
Download “ShadowsocksX for macOS” from “Download” in the menu bar after logging in to the account page. Installation will be completed if an airplane mark is displayed in the upper menu bar.
Please refer here if you can not open the application .
Copy Subscription URL
From the account page. Chose your service. Create subscription URL and copy.
Once reloading the screen the URL will be displayed.
Load your servers
Open ShadowsocksX. An airplane mark is displayed in the menu bar. “Server” > “Edit Subscribe Feed”. Push the plus button, paste the copied subscription URL into “URL” and “OK”. Select “Server” > “Manually update subscribe”. If “Successfully ..” is displayed, the server is loaded normally.
Several modes can be selected. Basically, we recommend using global mode.
- Auto Mode By PAC: According to the list of blocked websites, only blocked sites are connected via the SSR server. (Blacklist system)
- White List Mode: Sites written in whitelist do not go through SSR server and connect
- Global Mode: All communication via the SSR server
- Manual Mode: Via SS local only without going through System Proxy
Update your subscription URL
Select the server name from the menu bar > “Manual Update Subscribe” to complete the update. If you check “Update Subscribe on app Start”, it will be updated automatically.
How to set up Proxifier for macOS
Proxifier allows you to set detailed settings such as UDP connection, rules for whether or not to go through the server for each application, and the port to use.
We can provide you a free license. Please contact the support from the client area if you need it.
Official website: Proxifier The Most Advanced Proxy Client
Proxifier is software that extends the function of Proxy. Please use with ShadowsocksX.
IP and Port settings
Open the app and click “Proxies” in the upper left. Click “Add”.
Enter the IP address and port number of ShadowsocksX. Server address is “127.0.0.1” Port is “1086” Protocol is “SOCKS Version5” by default and “OK” is selected.
You will be asked if you want to use the configuration proxy by default, “Yes”, it will automatically detect the use of the software, so select “Apply suggested changes automatically” and “OK”.
Setting Connection Rules
Confirm that Profile is set as shown below and click “Rules”.
Click “Add …”. Enter “Name” arbitrarily, do not enter “Applications”, enter “localhost; 127.0.0.1; :: 1;% ComputerName%” to “Target Hosts”. Select “Direct” for “Action” and OK.
If the rules are set as shown in the image, basically all communication is going through via ShadowsocksX.
There is no switch in Proxifier. Rules that are set automatically while the app is running are applied.
- The connection password and server information (server URL) are user-private information. In order to use it safely, please DON’T upload it to SNS (WeChat, QQ etc) and other people.
- If problems occur about ShadowsocksX, please contact the developer of the app. UCSS can not solve the problem with the application.