Supported OS: macOS 10.11+
Compatible devices: MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro
How to set up ShadowsocksX
Download “ShadowsocksX for macOS” from “Download” in the menu bar after logging in to the account page. Installation will be completed if an airplane mark is displayed in the upper menu bar.
Please refer here if you can not open the application .
Copy Subscription URL
From the account page. Chose your service. Create subscription URL and copy.
Once reloading the screen the URL will be displayed.
Load your servers
Open ShadowsocksX. An airplane mark is displayed in the menu bar. “Server” -> “Edit Subscribe Feed”. Push the plus button, paste the copied subscription URL into “URL” and “OK”. Select “Server” → “Manually update subscribe”. If “Successfully ..” is displayed, the server is loaded normally.
Several modes can be selected. Basically, we recommend using global mode.
- Auto Mode By PAC: According to the list of blocked websites, only blocked sites are connected via the SSR server. (Blacklist system)
- White List Mode: Sites written in whitelist do not go through SSR server and connect
- Global Mode: All communication via the SSR server
- Manual Mode: Via SS local only without going through System Proxy
- The connection password and server information (server URL) are user-private information. In order to use it safely, please DON’T upload it to SNS (WeChat, QQ etc) and other people.
- If problems occur about ShadowsocksX, please contact the developer of the app. UCSS can not solve the problem with the application.